This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- CIS 321 - Week 5 - Milsestone 4 - Part 2 - Solution.docx
- CIS 321 - Week 5 - Milsestone 5 - Part 1 - Solution.doc
CIS 321 Week 5 Milsestone 4 Part 2
1. Level 0 Data flow Diagram
After completing this milestone, you should be able to:
1. Create a Level 0 (System) Data Flow Diagram
2. Create a Child Data Flow Diagram
Before starting this milestone, the following topics should be covered:
• Process Modeling - Chapter 9
As a systems analyst or knowledgeable end-user, you must learn how to draw data flow diagrams to model business process requirements. The preliminary investigation and problem analysis phases of the methodology have been completed and you understand the current system’s strengths, weaknesses, limitations, problems, opportunities, and constraints. You have already built the Context models (Milestone 3) to document business requirements for the new system. You now need to build the Level 0 (System) DFD and corresponding process models.
1. Develop Level 0 DFD. Make assumptions where necessary.
2. Draw one Child Diagram using the Level 0 diagram.
3. Continue decomposition of one process up to primitive processes (Level 2, Level 3, etc.)
Deliverable format and software to be used are according to your instructor’s specifications. Deliverables should be neatly packaged in a binder, separated with a tab divider labeled “Milestone 5-Part II”.
• Context Data Flow Diagram Narrative – Exhibit 5.1
Level 0 Data flow Diagram
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: