CRJ 510 Week 2 Assignment The Political Process and Crime Control Policy New Work
Price: $16.00 $9.00
Qty: Check out
This Tutorial was Purchased: 9 Times & Rated: by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- CRJ 510 Week 2 Assignment The Political Process and Crime Control Policy.docx
CRJ 510 Week 2 Assignment The Political Process and Crime Control Policy NEW
The Political Process and Crime Control Policy. Due by Day 7. Recommendation: Review the requirements for the Final Paper, and tie your research to its requirements. Who has the most influence on crime control policy? The president? The governor? Our representatives? Chapter 3 of Criminal Justice Policy, “Street-Level Bureaucracy: From Policy to Practice” takes us from theory to reality. Arsneault states,
“Without someone to implement it, policy is nothing more than words on a page. Furthermore, what is written as policy is often more theory than reality, because implementing a policy at the street-level is seldom as neat and clean as it appears on the page.” (p. 37).
First, select a crime control policy (e.g., the three-strikes law, legalization of recreational use of marijuana, combatting terrorism and the Patriot Act, gang initiatives, or gun control, etc.). In your paper:
• • Summarize the key elements of the selected crime control policy.
• • Explain the political process that sets the foundation for the selected crime control policy.
• • Examine the role of the federal government when it comes to formulating crime control policy.
• • Discuss how the U.S. Congress influences crime control policy of the states and ensures consistency of
laws among the states (Note: Traditionally, crime control legislation falls under state legislatures. There are articles on various policies in the Arsneault, 2014, chapter.)
Your paper must:
• Be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
o Title of paper
a separate title page with the following:
o Student’s name
o Course name and number o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• • Use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
• • Document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• • Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: