ECO 499 Week 3 Assignment 1 Agricultural Issues New Work
ECO 499 Week 3 Assignment 1 Agricultural Issues NEW
Assignment 1: Agricultural Issues
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
Use the Strayer Library’s databases, the Internet, or both to research a current U.S. government program that benefits a specific agricultural crop, such as sugar, peanuts, or rice.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Assess the key aspects of the governmental program, indicating whether or not the regulation of the agricultural crop selected has contributed to economic growth. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the level of comparative or absolute advantage that is generated from the agriculture crop you selected based on the government program. Justify your response.
- Predict what would happen if the government program was removed for your agricultural crop.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply economic concepts and approaches to the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of business strategy and public policy in the areas of economics.
- Analyze critical domestic and international factors that influence national economies, and develop alternatives for businesses and governments to effectively respond to these strategic issues.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in economics.
Write clearly and concisely about economics using proper writing mechanics