GSCM 206 Quiz 2 NEW
1. (TCO 5) What is the forecast for May, based on a weighted moving average applied to the following past-demand data and using the weights of 3, 2, and 1 (largest weight is for most recent data)?
Nov. Dec. Jan. Feb. March April
91 140 98 110 123 102
2. (TCO 5) In May, the actual product demand was 195 units. For this month, 200 units had been forecasted. Using exponential smoothing with an alpha of 0.3, determine the June forecast.
3. (TCO 5) What is the approximate forecast for May using a 4-month moving average?
4. (TCO 6) Which of these statements best describes virtual reality technology?
5. (TCO 7) In which stage of the product life cycle should product strategy focus on capacity modifications?
6. (TCO 5) Forecasts are usually classified by time horizon into three categories. What are they?
7. (TCO 7) Which of the following does not make products more environmentally friendly?
8. (TCO 7) The specific components inputted into the fourth house in the house of quality are satisfied by _____.
9. (TCO 5) What is the fundamental difference between cycles and seasonality?
10. (TCO 6) An assembly drawing _____.