GSCM 206 Quiz New Work
GSCM 206 Quiz NEW
1. (TCO 1) Which of the following is a current trend in operations management?
2. (TCO 2) Which of the following does not represent a reason for globalizing operations?
3. (TCO 1) An operations task performed at Hard Rock Café is
4. (TCO 4) Gibson Valves produces air valves on a five-person assembly line. If 1,200 valves are produced in an 8-hour shift, what is the labor productivity of the line?
5. (TCO 4) The Johnny Body Shop paints many different models of cars. Johnny is currently able to paint 10 cars in 8 hours. If they purchase new automated paint booths, they can increase their painting to 24 cars in 8 hours. If they purchase the new booths, their productivity will increase by _____.
6. (TCO 4) Susan has a part-time "cottage industry" producing seasonal plywood yard ornaments for resale at local craft fairs and bazaars. She currently works a total of 5 hours per day to produce 10 ornaments. She thinks that by redesigning the ornaments and switching from the use of wood glue to a hot glue gun that she can increase her total production to 25 ornaments per day. What is her new productivity?
7. (TCO 2) Which is not true regarding differences between goods and services?
8. (TCO 2) A mission is _____.
9. (TCO 2) Which of the following is not an operations strategy?
10. (TCO 4) According to the authors, what are the three key strategic concepts that allow firms to achieve competitive advantage?