LEG 300 Week 6 Assignment 3 The Tort of Battery New Work
LEG 300 Week 6 Assignment 3 The Tort of Battery NEW
Assignment 3: The Tort of Battery
Due Week 6 and worth 140 points
Read pp. 15-39 of your textbook on battery.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Define the tort of battery.
2. Determine whether or not a person must intend to cause harm or offensive contact for it to be considered battery.
3. Provided the standard or definition of “offensive” contact.
4. Conclude whether or not being subjected to vapor from e-cigs is an actionable cause for battery, based upon offensive contact. Determine whether or not it would matter if the supervisor exhaled in the employee’s face.
5. Explain whether or not the supervisor would have a defense of employee consent if the employee never complained because he was afraid of being terminated if he did complain.
6. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
• Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the elements of intentional torts and explain the types of evidence and arguments a plaintiff can use to prove that the defendant breached a duty to plaintiff.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues related to law and the legal system.
• Write clearly and concisely about issues in law and the legal system using proper writing mechanics.